History of Adoption
Research on Adoption
- The Evan B. Donaldson Institute provides research to improve adoption practice and policy
- The Minnesota/Texas Adoption Research Project study on the consequences of openness in adoption
- Freundlich, Madelyn. Adoption and Ethics: A Series by Madelyn Freundlich. 3 vols. Washington DC: Child Welfare League of America, 2000.
- Juffer, Femmie and Marinus H. van IJzendoorn. Behavior Problems and Mental Health Referrals of International Adoptees: A Meta-analysis. Journal of the American Medical Association 293.20 (2005): 2501-2515.
- Pertman, Adam. Adoption Nation: How the Adoption Revolution is Transforming America. New York: Basic Books, 2000.
- Evans, Karin. The Lost Daughters of China: Abandoned Girls, Their Journey to America, and the Search for a Missing Past. New York: Penguin Putnam, Inc., 2000.
- Johnson, Dana E. Adoption and the Effect on Children's Development. Early Human Development 68 (2002) 39-54.
- Johnson, Dana E. International Adoption: What's Fact, What's Fiction and What's the Future? Pediatric Clinics of North America 52:1221-1246, October 2005.
Statistics on International Adoption
Adoptive Parent Resources
- Adoptive Families Magazine
- Register, Cheri. Beyond Good Intentions: A Mother Reflects on Raising Internationally Adopted Children. Saint Paul: Yeong & Yeong Book Company, 2005.